ON INTRODUCTION OF LABELING OF IMPORTED INTO THE REPUBLIC OF BELARUS ALCOHOL AND TOBACCO PRODUCTS
With the aim to make order in importing to the territory of the Republic of Belarus of alcohol and tobacco products I DECIDE: 1
. To introduce since April 1, 1995, labeling of alcohol and tobacco products imported into the Republic of Belarus and declared in the customs modes of free circulation and backward export.
2. The following goods are not subject to labeling: - imported by organizers and participants of international exhibitions and fairs as samples and exhibits; - intended for official use by foreign diplomatic representations and consular institutions as well as by equated bodies and missions of international organizations; - intended for personal consumption by diplomatic agents, officials of consular institutions and by the workers at the bodies and missions of international institutions equated to them in the scope of privileges, as well as by members of their families; - directed to customs warehouses, into free customs zones and for sale at duty-free shops at air or other boats on international routes; - transited through the territory of the Republic of Belarus under the proper financial guarantees.
3. Labeling is executed through application of excise stamps to the goods.
4. To forbid the sale on the territory of the Republic of Belarus of alcohol and tobacco products, imported into the Republic of Belarus, without excise stamps. Such products proposed for sale without excise stamps after April 1, 1995, shall be arrested and confiscated according to the legislation.
5. Legal entities and individuals -- the excise payers, who have as of April 1, 1995, imported into the territory of the Republic of Belarus in the customs modes of free circulation and backward export and unsold alcohol and tobacco products shall submit, before April 14 this year, to the respective state tax inspection the necessary data about these products and to buy the excise stamps in the established order for labeling the above products.
6. The Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus shall perform till March 31, 1995, point 4 part B of the Law of the Republic of Belarus of December 29, 1994, "On Making Changes and Additions to the Laws of the Republic of Belarus on Taxation Matters". 7. The Ministry of Finance in cooperation with the Chief State Tax Inspection of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus and State Customs Committee till March 31, 1995, shall: - approve the samples of excise stamps and descriptions of methods to label the alcohol and tobacco products; - determine the order to issue excise stamps; - launch production, issuing, transportation, accounting and storage of excise stamps; - determine the order of paying the excises on the goods subject to labeling.8. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Foreign Economic Relations shall inform till April 1, 1995, the foreign countries, including the states -- participants of the Commonwealth of Independent States, about the introduction of labeling of alcohol and tobacco products. 9. The present Decree comes into force since the date of signing.
Click Here to Visit our Sponsor
Webmasters, need money? Click here!
Click Here to become a ValueClick Member Site